I love this quote: “The world is a book, and people who don’t travel read only a page.”
Maybe it’s because it’s winter, and I don’t have any time off work in sight, but I have been thinking way too much about holiday destinations lately (particularly warm sunny ones).
Like a delicious chocolate gelato, my Italian Adventures both sated my desire to travel and at the same time made me want more. Souljourneyboy and I are also really keen to take Bookworm, Picasso and Little Miss overseas to let them see for themselves how rich and varied the big wide world is.
So we have been talking a lot about where we’d like to go one day, and I thought I’d share.
So far I have been to the UK (although I was 1 so I guess it doesn’t really count), Sri Lanka, Western Samoa, Hong Kong, New Caledonia, Italy and Switzerland.
My top spots so far:
- Venice – a complete otherworld experience.
- St Moritz (Switzerland) – absolutely stunning scenery, and with the light snow that fell while we were there – completely magical.
- Sigirya – Sri Lanka (rock fortress dating back to 5BC). The history of the fortress is incredible, as is the view from the top.
- Negombo – Sri Lanka (picture-perfect beach). White sand and warm crystal waters – my kind of beach.
- Bellagio – gorgeous Italian village on Lake Como.
Here are my top spots of where I would like to travel:
- Prince Edward Island – so my soul can embrace all things Anne.
- Scotland – hills and castles. Need I say more.
- Costa Rica – Mayan ruins, dazzling beaches, jungle exploration. A perfect holiday spot that has it all.
- Vienna. It may just be because I LOVE the Sound of Music, but it’s on my must-see list.
- The Mediterranean. All of it.
How about you? Where have you been that you loved – and where are you dying to go?